Oppo Reno 8 4G in Kenya
The Oppo Reno 8 4G price in Kenya is around Ksh 40,500. The Reno 8 4G phone features 6.43 inches AMOLED display that refreshes at 90Hz and has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The phone has a triple-camera setup that consists of 64MP + 2MP + 2MP and a 32 MP camera for selfies. It runs on the Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm) processor with Adreno 610, up to 8GB of RAM, 256GB storage, on ColorOS 12.1 based on Android 11. The phone is available in Dawnlight Gold, Starlight Black colors, and is powered by a 4500 mAh, non-removable. Buy it in Kenya today at Aliroba Electronics Store Kenya.
Reno 8 4G Price, Key Features & Specifications
|Model||Reno 8 4G|
|Announced||17th August 2022|
|Available on Market||26th August 2022|
|OS||Android 12, ColorOS 12.1|
|Chipset.||Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)|
|Camera||Front: 32 MP
Main Camera: 64 MP+ 2 MP+ 2 MP
|SIM Card||Dual Nano SIM|
|Dimensions||164.4 x 76.7 x 8 mm|
|Screen Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density)|
|Display Type & Refresh Rate||AMOLED, 90Hz|
|Display Size||6.43 inches|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS|
|Wi-Fi||Yes. Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|USB||USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go|
|Sensors.||Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
|Fast Charging||Fast Charging 33W, Reverse Charging|
|Colors||Dawnlight Gold, and Starlight Black|
Design & Build
Oppo Reno 8 4G 20 is a nicely designed, mid-tier smartphone. It boasts a premium finish and beautiful aesthetics, which make it noticeable from other devices. It weighs 182g and measures 159.9 x 73.2 x 7.7 mm. A large side inclined button-hole water-drop notched display dominates its front, while a nicely curved, slightly protruding camera deck is loaded up the rear. Reno 8 is made of a plastic frame, front Panda Glass, and glass back. The device comes in two primary colors: Dawnlight Gold and Starlight Black.
The 6.43-inch AMOLED display with 1080 x 2400 pixels (~409ppi density) dominates the front of the Reno 8 4G. It boasts of 90Hz refresh rate, which is ideal for keeping the multi-touch screen at peak performance. In terms of brightness, the Reno 8 has 430 nits (typ), 600 nits (HBM), and 800 nits (peak) brightness when the screen is turned on. Protecting the multi-touch screen is Panda Glass Enjoy multi-media consumption on the high-resolution display and a great user experience.
Reno 8 4G has a modest set of cameras, both at the front and the back.
Enjoy selfies and video chats on the front facing 32 MP, f/2.4, 24mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm camera. It features Panorama, HDR and is capable of [email protected], videos capture. The camera comes equipped with Gyro-EIS, hence high-quality photos and videos.
At the rear, the Reno 8 packs a triple camera set-up consisting of:
- 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/3.3, (microscope)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth).
With such a camera, you will capture modest pictures and videos of moments at work or away from work with family and friends. The primary camera captures [email protected] videos, features LED flash, HDR, and panorama, and comes equipped with gyro-EIS.
Enjoy the latest Android applications on Android 12 on the Reno 8 4G. The device also comes with ColorOS 12.1 UI making it easy and memorable to use your phone. Installed on the handset is a powerful Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm) chipset that ensures smooth operations in the background behind the screen. Powering the processing unit is a fast and reliable Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver) CPU and Adreno 610 GPU. The two units combine to provide a robust platform for multitasking, browsing and consuming multi-media without lags and stuttering (when playing low to mid-level setting games).
Internal Memory Space
Oppo Reno 8 4G boasts 256GB and 8GB RAM internal space. The space is sufficient to enable the storage of media and applications without slowing down the handset. Oppo provided an option to add more storage, with a MicroSD slot available. With 256GB sizeable internal storage, record and store pictures, videos, music, and files at will.
Oppo Reno 8 4G is powered by a Li-Po 4,500 mAh, non-removable battery. The battery’s capacity will give you (the average user) 24 hours of continuous usage before the need to recharge. To complement and ensure the battery keeps on delivering power as you use the device, Oppo developed a Fast-Charging 33W adapter that comes with the device. Reno 8 4G also supports reverse charging.
Oppo Reno 8 is a 4G-enabled handset. It uses GSM / HSPA / LTE Network Technology. The device supports 4G bands, and runs on HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A speed. It supports Bluetooth connectivity, NFC, GPS, wifi, FM Radio, and OTG. A fingerprint (under the display) sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass are installed on the smartphone.
Pros and Cons of the Reno 8 4G
- Slim design
- Lightweight handset
- Impressive chipset performance
- Supports revers charging
- Supports fast charging
- Decent refresh rate of 90Hz
- Decent battery capacity
- Powerful front facing camera
- Water resistant handset (IPX4 Rating)
- MicroSD supported
- Massive RAM and ROM
- Camera has gyro-EIS
- Average main camera
- No stereo speakers
- No wireless charging support
- Overpriced for its specifications and performance
Reno 8 4G is worth having for its design and performance, at that price. However, an average camera, 4G Connectivity and less superior processing unit power give it away to other competing devices within the price range such as the Infinix Zero 20. A 65% socre would do for the Reno 8 4G.
- How much does Oppo Reno 8 4G cost? Kes 40,000.
- Does Oppo Reno 8 4G support 5G? It is 4G-enabled.
- Does Oppo Reno 8 4G have fast charging? It comes with 33W Fast Charger. It supports reverse charging
- How many cameras does the Oppo Reno 8 4G have? A single front facing 32 MP, f/2.4, 24mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm.
- The back consists of: 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF, 2 MP, f/3.3, (microscope), 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- What is the processing capacity on the Oppo Reno 8 4G? Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm) chipset, Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver) CPU and Adreno 610 GPU.
- What is the RAM and Internal Storage on the Oppo Reno 8 4G? 256GB 8GB RAM.
- What are the sensors installed on the Oppo Reno 8 4G? Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- What is the resolution on the Oppo Reno 8 4G? 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- What are the dimensions on the Oppo Reno 8 4G? 9 x 73.2 x 7.7 mm.
- What Android Version is the Oppo Reno 8 4G running on? Android 12, ColorOS 12.1.
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
- Poco F4 5G
- Tecno Camon 19 Pro Mondrian Edition
- Realme 9
Check out more Oppo phones in Kenya on our website.